Welcome!

Welcome to ABC's and Allergies! I hope you will enjoy some of my thoughts and experiences with allergies and homeschooling, and try out some of my recipes. I have found a new passion for creating excellent meals that are free of Mandie's allergens, and are so yummy no one realizes they are "allergen free". I am also passionate about raising awareness of food allergies, and raising money for FAAN.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sage Turkey Sausage Patties

I found this recipe in the October/November 2010 issues of Healthy Cooking magazine, and tried it last night - with obvious adaptations to make it Mandie-safe.  I don't think I'll ever buy sausage again!   See what you think.

Sage Turkey Sausage Patties
1/4 cup grated rice vegan american cheese (or parmesan cheese if you do dairy)
3 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley OR
1 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
2 Tbsp. fresh sage OR
2 tsp. dried sage leaves
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. fennel seed, crushed
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 lbs. lean ground turkey
1 Tbsp. olive oil

In a large bowl, combine everything but the turkey.  Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.  Shape into twelve 3inch patties.   In a large skillet coated with olive oil, cook patties in 1 Tbsp. oil in batches, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.  Drain on paper towels if necessary.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I am Crystal Sparks' niece, Miriam. My 8 year old daughter had allergy testing done on Friday after suffering terrible gastointestinal problems for years. She tested positive for beef, chicken, pork, cinnamon and dairy. This has just been a nightmare. She is on a baseline diet now and we are starting to take foods out of her diet to figure out what her triggers are. Thank you for the recipes.. I know she could have this sausage because of the turkey. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete