Welcome!

Welcome to ABC's and Allergies! I hope you will enjoy some of my thoughts and experiences with allergies and homeschooling, and try out some of my recipes. I have found a new passion for creating excellent meals that are free of Mandie's allergens, and are so yummy no one realizes they are "allergen free". I am also passionate about raising awareness of food allergies, and raising money for FAAN.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Apple Fritters

Apple Fritters
Makes 30 donut hole sized fritters
2 Tbsp. flax meal dissolved in 6 Tbsp water (or 2 eggs)
3 Tbsp. water, warm to touch
1 cup chunky  applesauce with sugar and cinnamon (homemade)
¼ cup oil of choice
1 tsp. cider vinegar
1 cup gf oat flour
1 cup gf all purpose flour
½ tsp. baking soda
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
¼ cup sugar
 ½ tsp. salt
2 tsp. xanthan or guar gum
2 tsp. yeast (optional)
1.     Preheat oil of choice in a fryer.
2.     Combine flax goo (or egg), water, applesauce, oil, and vinegar in a bowl until combined. 
3.     In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, salt, xanthan gum (or guar gum), and yeast (if using).  With mixer on low speed, add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
4.     Using a small cookie scoop (about 1 Tbsp. capacity), drop dough into hot oil.  Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until they are brown and crispy on all sides.  Remove to a paper towel and roll in granulated sugar, cinnamon sugar, or powdered sugar.  Cool and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. We are going apple picking in the next few weeks in the N.GA Mtns. I will have to try this recipe. I'm gonna have a bunch of apples. I am planning on making Apple Squares. I've never made applesauce --- I hope it isnt too difficult.
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete