Welcome!

Welcome to ABC's and Allergies! I hope you will enjoy some of my thoughts and experiences with allergies and homeschooling, and try out some of my recipes. I have found a new passion for creating excellent meals that are free of Mandie's allergens, and are so yummy no one realizes they are "allergen free". I am also passionate about raising awareness of food allergies, and raising money for FAAN.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Brownie Pudding - Top 8 Free!

Brownie Pudding




1 cup gluten free flour blend (we use Bob's Red Mill)

1/2 cup sugar

6 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Hershey's Dark)

1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 cup hemp or rice milk (or any milk of choice - I usually use almond)

2 Tbsp. oil (I use corn or olive)

1 tsp. xanthan gum

1 tsp. vanilla

2/3 cup sugar

1 1/2 cups boiling water



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized mixing bowl stir together the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder, baking powder, and xanthan gum. Add milk, oil, and vanilla; stir until smooth. Tansfer to a one quart baking dish.



2. Combine the remaining 4 Tbsp. of cocoa powder and the 2/3 cup of sugar. Slowly whisk in the boiling water. Pour gently over top of cake batter. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until cake is no longer spongy. Serve warm. Serves 6-8.



Optional: for a mocha cake, add 4 tsp. instant coffee granules with the boiling water.

No comments:

Post a Comment