Welcome!

Welcome to ABC's and Allergies! I hope you will enjoy some of my thoughts and experiences with allergies and homeschooling, and try out some of my recipes. I have found a new passion for creating excellent meals that are free of Mandie's allergens, and are so yummy no one realizes they are "allergen free". I am also passionate about raising awareness of food allergies, and raising money for FAAN.

Friday, August 20, 2010

A little bit about me and why I'm blogging.

       First and foremost, I am a mom to three wonderful kids.  Truman is 7, Hunter is 5, and Mandie is 3. 
Secondly, I am a wife to Bud, who has been my best friend for over 12 years (married for 9).  I am a homeschooling mom, and an allergy mom.  The first role I chose before Truman was born.  The second role I was thrown into when Mandie was a couple of months old.  Both roles are challenging, but both are also extremely rewarding.    My other job is as a school bus driver, which is also a challenging and rewarding job.  I really enjoy driving the bus, and having students from grades K-8 makes every route different and fun.  I have a great group again this year.    As if that weren't enough to keep me busy, I help Mom tend the large gardens, harvest and can the produce, keep up with the yard and chickens and cats and dogs.  In my "spare time" I love to read, write, and sew - both by hand and machine.  I have also taken up running (though it's just indoors for now), and am writing a cookbook/resource book for people with multiple, severe allergies and celiac disease.
        I am writing this blog to share my experiences as the mom of a severely food allergic child, and to share some recipes that Mom and I create for our family.    I hope that what I share can help someone else navigate this crazy world of food allergies.

2 comments:

  1. Love it Jennifer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog. I hope to do one someday as well. I also am a homeschooler so look forward to all aspects of your blog:)

    ReplyDelete