Welcome!

Welcome to ABC's and Allergies! I hope you will enjoy some of my thoughts and experiences with allergies and homeschooling, and try out some of my recipes. I have found a new passion for creating excellent meals that are free of Mandie's allergens, and are so yummy no one realizes they are "allergen free". I am also passionate about raising awareness of food allergies, and raising money for FAAN.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Coconut Free Products for bath, body, dish, laundry, etc.

Eliki Olive Oil Soaps (www.elikioliveoil.com)

Kiss My Face Bar Soaps (Walmart, Whole Foods, etc.)

Dawn Dish Soap

Soapnuts (www.buysoapnuts.com)

Cetaphil

Arm & Hammer Powdered Laundry Soap

Mango Moisture Hair Wash by Alba Botanica (Walmart, Whole Foods, www.albabotanica.com)

Olive Oil Formula Conditioner by Palmer's (Walmart)

Walmart brand baby hair detangler

Renew lotion by Melaleuca (www.melaleuca.com)

Keys Tortuga Super Emollient Lotion (www.allergiesandme.com)

Neutrogena Sunblocks

Coppertone Waterbabies Sunblock SPF 50 (the only one)

Baby Magic Hair & Body Wash



This is what I've come up with so far. If anyone has anything to add, please feel free. I'm constantly on the look out for more things Mandie can safely use.

2 comments:

  1. Now Solutions (Now Foods) has an Herbal Revival shampoo and Lavender Fields body wash that are coconut-free. The body wash has vegetable glycerin so I called them and she assured me that it was made from palm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out that even though I keep most of my food coconut free. I was ill informed about product names for coconut and that it was in everything I use from shampoo to lotion. I see some of the names for it in the things you have listed. Here is the list I found on www.coconutallergy.blogspot.com
    Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate
    Capryl Glycol
    Caprylic Acid
    Caprylic Glycol
    Caprylic/Capric
    Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides
    Caprylyl Glycol
    Ceteareth-20
    Cetearyl Alcohol
    Cetearyl Glucoside
    Ceteth-20 Phosphate
    Cetyl Alcohol
    Cetyl Esters
    Cocamide MEA
    Cocamidopropyl Betaine
    Cococaprylate/Caprate
    Coco Glucoside
    Cocomide DEA
    Coconut diethanolamide (CDFA)
    Cocos nucifera (another name for coconut oil)
    Coconut Oil
    Decyl Glucoside
    Disodium Cocamphodiprop
    Disodium cocoamphodiacetate
    Emusifying Wax
    Glyceryl Caprylate
    Glyceryl cocoate
    Glyceryl dilaurate
    Hexyl Laurate
    Isopropyl Myristate
    Laureth-3
    Lauric Acid
    Lauryl Glucoside
    Lauryl Alcohol
    Lauramide DEA
    Myristic Acid
    Octanediol 1
    Octanediol 2
    Olefin Sulfonate
    Organic Sodium Cocoate
    PEG - 7 Glyceryl Cocoate
    PEG -100
    PEG – 100 Stearate
    Phenoxyethanol
    Phenoxyethanol 2
    Polysorbate 20
    Sodium Cocoate
    Sodium Coco-Sulfate
    Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate
    Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate
    Sucrose Stearate
    Sodium Lauroamphoacetate
    Sodium Laureth Sulfate
    Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate
    Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinat
    Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
    Sodium Stearate
    Sorbitan Stearate
    Stearyl Alcohol
    Stearalkonium chloride
    Sucrose Cocoate
    TEA-Laureth Sulfate
    Vegetable Cetearyl Glucose
    Vegetable Glycerine

    ReplyDelete