Welcome!

Welcome to ABC's and Allergies! I hope you will enjoy some of my thoughts and experiences with allergies and homeschooling, and try out some of my recipes. I have found a new passion for creating excellent meals that are free of Mandie's allergens, and are so yummy no one realizes they are "allergen free". I am also passionate about raising awareness of food allergies, and raising money for FAAN.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Please support me in the 2010 FAAN Walk for Food Allergies

I Need YOU to Help Me Reach My Goal!

What would you do if you couldn't eat or touch anything containing milk (in everything from lip balm to food to bath & body products), seafood, shellfish, palm (in bar soaps, crackers, cookies, alternative ice cream, in caranuba wax in fruit snacks, etc,), coconut (in most all liquid soaps and shampoos, detergents, many body products, sunscreens, etc.), sunflower and safflower (in chips, crackers, snacks, alternative milks and "ice creams', lip glosses, etc.), chamomile (in teas, homeopathics, soaps, shampoos, home fragrances, etc.), wheat/gluten (in food, cosmetics, pet foods, body products, etc.), soy, honey, or peanuts? Luckily we have an organization like FAAN that steps in to help with new diagnosis, offering recipes, information, how to deal with schools and food allergies, awareness products, and research.


I am participating in the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network?s (FAAN?s) Walk for Food Allergy: Moving Toward A Cure in Chicago, IL on October 17th, 2010. The event will raise funds to find a cure for food allergy and to educate others.

FAAN's mission is to raise public awareness, to provide advocacy and education, and to advance research on behalf of all those like Mandie, whose daily lives are seriously affected by food allergies and anaphylaxis.

Last year's walk was a great success. I'd like to double that for this year, but I can't do it without your help.

Please support my fundraising efforts with a donation. Your tax-deductible gift will make a HUGE difference in the lives of the estimated 12 million Americans with food allergies and their families. You can make your secure credit card donation by clicking on the link below.
http://www.foodallergywalk.org/site/TR/2010Walk/2010Walks?px=1790621&pg=personal&fr_id=1430


Any amount helps me reach my fundraising goal. I greatly appreciate your support and prayers!

Thank you, Jen  and family

No comments:

Post a Comment